1. Must possess a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Must have and maintain a current, valid state RN license and CPR certification.
3. Minimum of 3 years of experience as a supervisor in a hospital, long-term care or other related health care facility supervisory/management skills required.
4. Must be a compassionate caregiver and experienced leader with a positive and outgoing personality and strong clinical skills.
1. Monitor unit activities, communicate policies, evaluate performance, and provide feedback, and assist, coach, redirect, and discipline as needed.
2. Conduct regular rounds to monitor resident activity and ensure resident quality care.
3. Monitor care activities and documentation to ensure the delivery of nursing care according to the physician’s orders, care plans, and established standards and facility policies.
4. Develop and maintain nursing care objectives and standards of nursing care practices for this facility in cooperation with the Director of Nursing.
5. Assure proper handling and emergency care of residents, personnel, and visitors while on the job or in the building.
6. Assist in developing and maintaining nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, nursing policy and procedures, written job descriptions for each level of nursing personnel, scheduling of rounds to see all residents, methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services.
7. Comply with, support and enforce company policies involving all safety and infection control procedures to include the proper use of mechanical lifts, gait belts, and personal protective wear.
8. Assist in organizing, developing, and directing the administration and resident care of the nursing service department.
9. Attend Department Head meetings and assist in coordinating activities of Nursing Service with other departments of the facility.
10. Assist in development of Patient Care Plans for individual residents including rehabilitative and restorative activities.
Standard Requirements (5)
1. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of Compass Park.
2. Is knowledgeable of resident rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with and implements procedures and programs for:
a. Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
b. Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations data.
c. Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
d. Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
4. Supports and participates in common teamwork
a. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
b. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
c. Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
d. Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests.
5. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress code including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned