1. Graduate of an accredited nursing program with a current license as a Registered Nurse
in the state of Indiana.
2. Associate degree in nursing or equivalent experience, or related field.
3. Minimum of two (2) years management experience in Home Health or related health
4. Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct clinical and administrative personnel.
5. Knowledge of business management, Medicare and Joint Commission regulations,
CHAP, as applicable.
6. CPR certified.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
including the ability to market and relate tactfully with customers and other members of
8. Must be licensed driver with automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or
1. Plans, directs, coordinates and monitors the delivery of all direct and indirect services to
Agency home care clients and identifies admission criteria for new clients and evaluates
eligibility for home health care benefits through third-party payers. Provides clients and
families with information about covered services as well as those services requiring
2. Participates in the organization's strategic planning activities and participates in
developing and administering Agency budget and acts as Agency Administrator when
that person is not available, as applicable. Serves on the Professional Advisory Board.
3. Assists in the planning and development of Agency structure, clinical and administrative
policies and procedures, and the annual operating and capital budgets and develops
organizational policy and procedures and assures compliance and reviews policies and
updates as necessary. Communicates changes to all staff.
4. Establishes and implements systems to inform clients and their families of the scope and
nature of home health care services and community resources and maintains liaison
relationship with attending physicians. Establishes and implements priorities for services
within the limitations of available resources. Evaluates Agency client base and focuses
services toward diagnosis-specific client care needs, when indicated.
5. Conducts monthly review of records to ensure continuing home health care client’s
eligibility for covered services and assures clinical records are maintained in compliance
with state and federal laws including Medicare, CHAP and Joint Commission standards
6. Implements and evaluates the orientation program for new Agency personnel and
provides direction and resources to coordinators and supervisors to assist in continuous
improvement of services provided by Agency staff and plans and implements in-service
and continuing education programs to meet specific and ongoing training needs of
7. Evaluates the performance of direct and indirect care staff and assists them in
developing skills and techniques to evaluate performance of staff that report to them
and participates in hiring, evaluating, and terminating Agency personnel.
8. Oversees data collection for quality management, statistics and reports for evaluating
Agency performance. Establishes Quality Improvement teams to address priorities for
improvement activities. Identifies data collection requirements and reports to evaluate
the effectiveness of programs to ensure quality of client care. Identifies systems to
recognize client needs, respond to client needs, and to measure the outcomes of
Agency interventions. Utilizes this data to provide direction for Agency improvements.
9. Maintains adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment for providing
services to Agency clients.
10. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
1. Supports the Mission, Values and Vision of Compass Park.
2. Is knowledgeable of resident rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the
privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
3. Supports, cooperates with and implements procedures and programs for:
a. Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established
fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct
unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
b. Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations data.
c. Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
d. Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from
sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
4. Supports and participates in common teamwork
a. Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties
with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
b. Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
c. Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding
reported complaints, problems and concerns.
d. Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests.
5. Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
dress code including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned